Sunday, November 9, 2008

This week has felt like two.

* WARNING* Long Boring Story Ahead
This last week felt sooo long. It was my turn to drive the kids to school and since I am NOT a morning person, it was a bad way to start. Monday and Tuesday went pretty smoothly everyone was ready on time and we even got to school early. Wednesday was another story... It started out fine, but then I noticed it was snowing, so I told Stacia she had to wear her tennis shoes and she told me they are not allowed to wear shoes that light up. Then we couldn't find her other snow worthy shoes and she wouldn't wear the shoes she wears everyday because her feet would get too cold. I finally ended up calling Nicole and borrowing a pair from Brynlee, but by this time we are running late so I get all the kids in the car and Stacia says "I wish I could go potty really quick before we go" ARE YOU KIDDING ME! So Stacia goes potty and we're off. At this point, I'm thinking we will be a few minutes late and then I hit main street where apparently the snow has made everyone forget how to drive. I was literally going 5-10 mph and let me just say, I am all for being cautious but seriously the road was not that bad. Anyway a drive that usually takes 15 min. took almost 45 and the kids were very late to school, and the worst part was that it was early-out day so by the time i got back home I only had an hour before i had to go back and get Landon. After school I had four haircuts which led right into my primary presidency mtg. After the meeting I was going to go get Pizza because I was not going to make dinner. Since I was also babysitting Kamree at the time Lori Stucki offered to go pick up the pizza for me which was so great! Thanks Lori.

Thursday went a little smoother, I got the kids to school on time and then Amanda came over so we could do each other's hair. It took us about 3 hours and we would check on the kids periodically but they were doing fine (Lauren was sleeping so it was just Kamree and Milli). My hair was finished and we were waiting to wash out Amanda's so we went inside and found Milli with poop all over her hands and she was saying "I stinky" Gross!!! Luckily she only got in on herself and her blanket and needless to say she got straight into the tub. Of course Kamree wanted to join her so they had a fun bath together. After that we just hung out the rest of the night and watched a movie. Lauren was not her usual happy self and around 8 o'clock she started crying and didn't stop until almost midnight it was one of those times when you feel like you could just tear your hair out. I know she is teething and I think she had a tummy ache as well, not a good combination. It was a long night, she woke up every hour or so and by morning I was the one who wanted to cry. The best part of the day was around 9:30pm when Lori Nielsen brought over the best cinnamon rolls I've ever had. Thanks Lori, you'll have to teach me how to make them someday :)

I don't remember much about Friday. It was another early-out day for the kids so when they got home, they helped me pass flyer's around the neighborhood for the primary program practice which was Saturday Morning. And let me just say that the practice went pretty smoothly but we have so many kids it's insane. We had to use the stand plus bring in benches and we used the first five rows of pews, crazy. After the practice I came home and cleaned the house because it looked like an earthquake had hit. I told the kids that after the house was spotless we could make pumpkin cookies so they were great helpers. Then Nicole called and said she was taking Bryn to see HSM 3 and so I decided to take Landon and Stacia and go to the movie. I had to scramble to find a babysitter but luckily I have great neighbors and the Haslam's took Milli and the Pierson's took Lauren. The movie was pretty much what I expected, but the best part was when the boys ( Troy & the other guy) were in a junkyard and of course they broke out into a song and dance and Landon jumped up and started dancing in the theater! It was so funny, he was watching them and trying to copy their moves, where is a video camera when I need one?

Sunday, I had to be to church early because of the program and I actually made it!! I was supposed to be helping but I have to admit that I was no help at all, it was all I could do to keep Lauren and Milena under control ( did I mention that Bobby left town on Wed. morning?) it made me wonder how I used to sit alone with two little kids when we lived in Iowa, because Bobby was in the branch Pesidency. Anyway the primary kids did such a great job!! I love the primary program and I had a perfect view of Stacia and Landon, they were so cute.
So, that was my wonderful week, plus Tae Kwon do, piano lessons, and hair appointments that were mixed in there somewhere. Bobby will be home in a few hours and I can't wait. I never want to be a single mom, I don't know how they do it.

Oh, I almost forgot, after church today Brother Elison stopped me and asked if Bobby and I would speak next week! An awesome way to end the week, it was like the cherry on top.

14 comments:

Tarin said...

You left out the best part of the week, but whatever!

I'll look forward to your talks on Sunday. I expect them to be nothing less than flawless. :)

Congrats on surviving the week! Call and let me help out next time!!!

Katie said...

Just reading that made me stressed! I'm glad you survived. And I'll look forward to those talks too . . . lucky you!

Heather H said...

Silly girl why didnt you call me sooner, we loved having Millie! And I cant wait for your talks! And I dont know how single moms do it either I can hardly handle a whole day by myself, Bobby owes you big time!

Nik said...

I feel like something very important is missing from this insanely crazy week story.... I just can't remember, oh darn it I am so bad at remembering things!!!!

queenieweenie said...

Are you ready for a vacation now? Whew...some weeks are just CRAZY!

Amanda&Wade said...

Man! You have to talk sunday!! That always ruins my week... so good luck this week! haha, JK. You didn't tell me about Lauren after I left... not sleeping all night. I'm so sorry. I love you and you are such a good mom. You did great even through all that!

Jane said...

I have a question on Mosaic Maker... how do you get it "normal" size in your blog? I keep doing it and it's small. I cut and pasted it in the HTML compose and it shows up...just very small and can't make it bigger w/o distorting it.
Thanks,
Jane (Traci's mom in Hawaii)

Jane said...

forgot to give you my e-mail
jmoysa@hawaii.rr.com

thanks,
Jane

Rodriginn said...

As you know you´re AWESOME!! I also think you´re cooler than Super Woman and you´re husband is one LUCKY GUY!
Just think in a few weeks you´ll be laying on a beach...KIDLESS... doing nothing but relaxing and I´ll be the one with the FOUR kids! I can´t wait.

side note: blog is super cute, but kind of hard to read?!?! I know, I´m such a pain!
hugs

Ginn Family said...

Does that mean you're coming Cindi? Also, I already know about the blog I haven't really liked it since I changed it, I've just been too lazy to change it again.

Christy said...

Gina,
I'm so sorry! So, obviously Bobby owes you big time. You are awesome! (If Stacia wore those shoes either no one would say anything, or they'd tell her not to wear them - so if it's crazy, put the dang shoes on! :)) If you ever need me to take Stacia for the afternoon or evening, let me know. :) hugs, christy

Lobdell family said...

THat sounds like crazy stuff. All we have is dance class and swim lessons right now. Luckily the bus comes every day right to our house and drops them off. I get to babysit 11 total with my kids included. I am glad you survived. Great stories. I am glad the priamry presentation went well to.

Jillyn Whitehead said...

Okay Gina,
There are all these hints about something else that happened. I really need to know. Especially if it is embarrassing.

Sally said...

I'm sorry! You are amazing though!