Sunday, December 14, 2008

The road to Hana

We went on the road to Hana yesterday, which is something we also did on our honeymoon and which I do not have fond memories of. The first time around we did it really fast and didn't stop much and then on our way back down Bobby was driving so fast and the road is so curvy that I ended up throwing up on the side of the road. This time was much better, we actually saw all the cool beaches and had a lot of fun.



This was a bamboo forest, it was pretty cool. There was a little hike to get to it which was pretty easy, but on our way back down we went off the trail which was a bit harder, it was muddy and slippery and we were wearing flip flops so it was kind of comical and of course I fell on my but at least once.



At one of the stops Bobby found a coconut and decided to use the skills he's learned from "Survivor" to open it. It was so yummy!!




This was a black sand beach, it was really pretty, just like everything else in Maui.



Don't we look hot in our super cool water shoes?



Me cliff jumping into one of the seven sacred pools.

Bobby cliff jumping.

What a fun day, it was an all day adventure and of course Bobby drove like a crazy man on the way back but I didn't lose my lunch so it was all good.


5 comments:

Nik said...

What a fun trip! You're making every person here in the cold very jealous! Hope you enjoy the next few days and have a super b-day tomorrow!

Sally said...

Gorgeous! And yes, we're all jealous!

Heather H said...

You guys look like you are having a great time! Enjoy it, it is cold and snowy here.

Amanda&Wade said...

call me! i have questions...

Jane said...

B~
can you have your dad e-mail me with their phone#? I can't seem to leave a comment on their blog.
jmoysa@hawaii.rr.com
thanks,
J