Friday, December 12, 2008

Our first days on Maui

We arrived on Maui Wed. night around 8:00pm, and it was a beautiful evening. We went to dinner and then came to our condo and crashed for the night. In the morning we woke up to the loudest thunder I've heard in quite awhile. It was pouring rain outside and it lasted all day. On the evening news they were interviewing locals and they said it was the worst rainstorm they've seen in 30 years!! Leave it to the Ginn's to bring the great weather with us. We decided to drive around the island because that was pretty much our only option and we ended up having a decent day, very relaxing.



These are some mud waterfalls we saw on our drive, it was crazy, there were rocks and mud all over the roads.


It cleared up enough in the evening for us to do a little grillin' for dinner and we even went for a little swim in the pool, which we had all to ourselves because it was still raining a bit.


This morning Maui was again it's beautiful self. This the view we have from the lanai... not to shabby.


We went down to the beach and did some boogie boarding, well Bobby did some boogie boarding, I tried but the waves beat me up so I just sat on the beach and read my book which was just fine for me.


Then we went down the road to a different beach and went snorkeling. I got a bit claustrophobic but Bobby held my hand until I could relax enough to do it on my own. What a good man I have.


Our attempt at having a picture together.



We saw some dead crabs and wondered where all the live ones were.


Then we noticed that the live ones were black so they were harder to spot but once we knew what we were looking for we saw them everywhere.

We had such a great day today and we feel like even if today is the only sunny day this trip was a success.

9 comments:

"SENDERO DE VIDA" CATAZAJÁ said...

hello, mis mejores deseos para tí... God Bless you.

Jane said...

Aloha~

Bobby give me a call on my cell 284-0657, would love to talk to you! I know this rain is crazy. Our town is the one they've been talking about on the north shore. There were rivers rushing where there weren't rivers the day before.
call me
Jane

Nik said...

I think I saw a shark in the picture where you are snorkeling! J/K we are just jealous!!!

Christy said...

Hey, it's snowing here - enjoy the rain! Looks beautiful . . . and warm . . . ahhhhhh. Have a great time! Stacia said she's having fun with Cindi.

Amanda&Wade said...

So jealous...

Julie said...

SHUT up.... You didn't take me with you!

Ok maybe next time.

Looks like fun!!

The McKell Family said...

Fun!! I love Hawaii! I bet you guys are having a blast!

queenieweenie said...

I'm so jealous!!! Have a blast.

Sally said...

Glad you're having fun! Miss you!