Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween Fun

Halloween is always a fun time for all, especially the kids. At school the kids can only dress up if they choose a person from history and write a little report on that person. Stacia is always on board for dressing up so she picked Jackie Kennedy Onassis, and she had a lot of fun with it. Grandma Lemke provided the cardigan and I had the sunglasses, scarf and pearls. I think she makes a very cute Jackie. I kept bugging Landon to pick someone to be until he finally said "do I have to do it?" and I said "no, but I think it will be fun" and he said "ya but do I have to?" So that was pretty much the end of that. I did ask him one more time the day before the reports were due and he said "no thank you" and walked away. He is a funny kid.


We grew our own pumpkins this year -well, Bobby did I am not very helpful with keeping plants alive- so we had an extra good time carving them.


Stacia loves roasted pumpkin seeds so she made sure to pick them all out of the goo, with Lando's help.


Landon made a bat


Millie poked a bunch of dots


and Stacia made a cat, they all did a great job.


Bobby carved this one and when our neighbor said she liked it I told her I was expecting to see a pumpkin on their porch with their name on it. Their last name is Gotfredson... haha


I helped with Stacia's class party this year, and they did this cute little play about different fairy tale characters. Stacia was Puss in Boots, from Shrek. what a cute little kitty.


Since I was there, I sneaked into Landon's class and got a picture of my cute boy.


Ready for Trick-or-treating


Ninja Landon


Sorceress Stacia


Strawberry Shortcake


and Tinkerbell.

The kids had a great night, Bobby drove them around on his golf cart and they thought that was the best thing ever. What a fun dad :)

4 comments:

Rodriginn said...

Great pumpkins...and I totally understand about not being able to keep plants alive, I have the same problem.
The kids, as usual, are too cute for words. One year I will have to make it home for Halloween, it´s one of my favorite holidays and with your cute kids it would be even more fun!
hugs.

Katie said...

Look at you, all caught up! Your kids all look so cute in their costumes!

Mandi said...

I love your kids costumes, especially that cute Strawberry Shortcake! Looks like everyone had a great Halloween!

Toby and Holly said...

How cute are those pumpkins! You guys are all artists! And home grown too!! Toby keeps all our plants alive. We still have a plant from when we got married because of Tob.
I love the strawberry shortcake and Leland was the same thing as Landon for Halloween. Great minds think alike!! Miss you guys!